Hello all! This kit is amazing, and I'm installing it on a '96 Ninja 250 I'm planning on racing next year. Now, I know a lot of people said this couldn't be done on a non ECU motorcycle... BUT, I figured if TrailTech could do it, why not the awesome Arduino?
I used a wire I had laying around that went on a TrailTech Vapor (~20 gauge) and wrapped it around my spark plug wire about 12-15 times. I hooked the tachometer positive to a 12v source, in this case the positive wire going into my coil and the negatives to negatives on the bike (still not sure if both wires can go to the same negative?) Since the video I figured out how to segment the LED's but the issue is still the same. I'm getting erratic readings at idle, but as soon as I accelerate it clears up and runs like normal. Also, it's taking FOREVER to change some of the settings. I have to keep scrolling and scrolling to get any change. Before installation, I tested the positive to a multimeter and was reading around 13 volts at idle, when accelerating it drops a bit. Could this be the issue? I feel like it needs a little resistance from coil>wire>Arduino.
You can see the tach reading on the digital display, which seems fairly accurate!
Also, my electrical experience is a little limited, and second my soldering skills aren't the best but double checked everything while assembling. Thanks!
[3mbed]<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/qH8TMvYIPRY"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/qH8TMvYIPRY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/3mbed]
[Last edited Sep 10, 2016 23:18:12]